The Google Pixel 5a 5G has:
- metal backplane (covered by the same soft touch resin as the Pixel 5)
- IP67 water resistance
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G 5G, 6GB RAM
- 128GB storage
- 4620mAh battery
- stereo speakers
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 6.34", 2400 x 1080 pixels OLED, 60Hz screen
- Dual rear cameras:
- Main: 12.2MP, 1.4μm, f/1.7, OIS
- Ultrawide: 16MP, 1.0μm, f/2.2
- Front: 8MP, 1.12μm, f/2.0 fixed focus
- rear capacitive fingerprint scanner
So a nice iterative step up from last year's 4a 5G, though I'm disappointed by the identical cameras. The 4a/4a 5G/5's optics were very underwhelming. Still, at a relatively low price and with up to five years of support, no one's going to be complaining too much.
The Pixel 6 range is due for formal launch in a month or so and then we'll have far larger optics and sensors, in addition to a proper telephoto camera system. At a flagship price, of course!