Here's my best guess at Pixel 6/6 Pro specifications then:
- 6.4" 90Hz AMOLED 1080p flat display (6.7" 120Hz 1440p on the 'Pro', with waterfall curved edges)
- Samsung-made 'Tensor' chipset and Exynos 5123B modem
- 8GB RAM (12GB on the 'Pro')
- 128/256/512GB storage options (highest only on 'Pro')
- Optical under-screen fingerprint sensor
- 50MP Samsung GN1 1/1.3" main sensor (Quad Bayer, down to just over 12MP) main camera
- 12MP Ultra-wide camera
- 48MP 2x telephoto (Quad Bayer, down to 12MP, or 4x zoom with smart cropping, only on the 'Pro')
- 8MP front/selfie camera (12MP on the 'Pro')
- Stereo speakers
- 4600mAh battery (5000-ish on the larger 'Pro')
- 33W Power Delivery fast charging over USB Type C
- 15W Qi wireless charging
- Android 12 out of the box (obviously!), five years of OS and security updates
Expected prices in the UK are anyone's guess, but I'll go for £699 for the smaller one and £999 for the 'Pro'.
As usual, it's worth keeping an eye on what Google's up to, since its Android experience is usually the smoothest (as you'd expect) and certainly the best supported. Just as with Apple and iPhones - it's as 'pure' as the OS gets, and certainly as up to date.
We'll be getting the Pixel 6 Pro in for review in the Autumn, so watch this space!